You know what, I knew that I was lazy to use my brain to think through stuff but I didn't know that it was a big issue cause.. Education back at Malaysia, don't really have to use your brain o.o You just memorize lol and you'll be fine.
But now that I'm at Canada, I realized that I HAVE to think. First few months in school, I didn't know why I was doing so bad in Social essays. Cause usually, I just memorize stuff and write it down on paper. Here, you have to have a thesis or argument in your paper and back it up with facts. By the time I realized it.. it was already the end of Semester 1 LOL.
Then for English, it was SO different cause we do commentaries. Ok english at Malaysia was so easy -.- You just write essays - your english good, your marks good.
Thing is, I'm not really using my brain here. I don't know how I went through the past 8 months? How on earth did I get the average that I had (had, past tense T.T)? I spent 3 hours studying Bio yesterday, when Jay only spent 1 hour lol. In school today we studied together and the stuff he knows are almost as much as I do lol. Well obviously my study method is wrong somewhere. I do know more than him, but I can't put it into words.. It's like I can picture it, but I can't word it. So anyway, we both wrote the exam today and if he scores higher, I think there's something really really wrong with my study method lol. OR, I'm stupid -.-
I'm kinda leaning towards dropping IB already. When I told Helena, she was like :O She said I'm part of the reason why she's staying in IB HAHAHA <3 Well I would stay if my averages are like high, but it's dropping really low right now. And, to think that I made it through IB when this is only the first year in Canada, isn't that amazing? LOL. Most people that first came here went to ESL - I didn't. I went straight to full IB, and I was doing pretty good too! :P Until now.. lol oops.
I guess I should think out of the box, and not only memorizing :(
I should.. think more. Use my brain more.
No comments:
Post a Comment